The Lord of the Rings trilogy, was written by John Ronald
Reuel Tolkien(1892-1973) in 1954-1955. He was a professor at Oxford University among other things, when he first
wrote The Hobbit in 1936. (For strictly movie fans, The Hobbit, was Bilbo's story, you
know at the beginning of FOTR). Anyway, this was such a success, that he continued the series of books. Thank God, because we
The Reasons I Love Lord of the Rings:
1. Middle Earth- a seperate and beautiful reality
2. The Creatures- from graceful angelic elves, to friendly carefree hobbits, everyone
has a favorite that seem so magical.
3. Speaking of, Magic!- A requisite with fantasy, magic makes the books much more
4. Good vs. Evil- the same struggle of mankind. Though those lines are more removed
5. Cute little Hobbitses!- C'mon, you got to admit that those big eyes, curly hair, and
rosy cheeks are adorable.
6. Happiness- I love to escape in how everything is so ..happy and carefree in
7. Royalty- Everyone loves stories about Kings and Queens.
8. Love- Arwen and Aragorn, Eowyn and Faramir, Sam and Rosie..
9. The Languages- from the way Tolkien writes in his old-English style,( hallo!,
cheek), to the actual languages he made up- ex. Elvish, the words are unique and intriguing.
10. Bill the Pony- he seems to be a filler character, but that's because he couldn't
prove himself in that 5 minute scene in the movie.
11. The Integrity- Except for the bad guys, every character has a sense of honor,
duty, devotion, sacrifice, and courage.
*want to contribute to the list? please leave me a message in
the guestbook or email me on the contact page! I'd love to hear from you!*